Servings 4 dozen
- 1 cup Crisco
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 6 cups all purpose flour
- Put 1 cup Crisco, 1 cup sugar, and 1 teaspoon salt in large bowl.
- Over this mixture, pour 1 cup boiling water.
- Add 2 packages yeast dissolved in 1 cup of warm water.
- Stir in 6 cups all-purpose flour.
- Mix together and refrigerate overnight.
- Roll out and cut with 2” cutter.
- Put in greased muffin tins and let rise until double (3 – 4 hours).
- Preheat 425 °F
- Bake 7-8 minutes or until lightly browned