Refrigerator Yeast Rolls
Servings 3 dozen
- 2 c. milk
- ½ c. shortening
- ½ c. sugar
- 1 pkg. dry yeast
- 5 c. all-purpose flour
- ½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. baking soda
- 1 t. salt
- 3 T. butter
- Combine first three ingredients in saucepan; heat until shortening melts. Cool to 105 – 115°.
- Place yeast in large bowl; add milk mixture. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Stir in 3 c. flour. Cover and let stand at room temperature 1½ hours.
- Add remaining 2 c. flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Cover tightly and refrigerate 8 hours.
- Punch dough down; shape into 36 1½” balls. Place dough balls 2” apart on large greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place for 25 minutes or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 350° for 10 – 12 minutes or until golden brown.