Potato Sour Dough Bread
Servings 2 loaves
- 6 cups bread flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 package active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon salt
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup Potato starter
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large mixing bowl; gradually stir in oil and remaining ingredients.
- Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead lightly 4-5 times. Place in a well greased bowl, turning to grease up.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 2 hours or until doubled in bulk.
- Punch prepared dough down, and divide in half; shape each portion into a loaf. Place in a 9×5-inch loafpan. Brush tops with 2 tablespoons melted butter; cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts, 1 hour or until doubled in bulk.
- Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until loaves sound hollow when tapped. Remove bread from pans immediately; Cool on wire racks.