Homemade Coconut Egg Nog
- 4 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 8 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons dark or spiced
- Puerto Rico rum
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Combine coconut milk and sugar in a medium saucepan and scald over medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, beat the yolks with the vanilla. Beat ¼ cup of the scalded milk mixture into the yolks, then whisk all the yolk mixture into the milk mixture.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Do not allow to boil.
- Strain the eggnog into a bowl and stir in the rum.
- Let stand to cool to room temperature, stirring occasionally.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until well chilled.
- Pour into glasses and serve with a little nutmeg sprinkled on top.
Not certain where this recipe came from. I have had it my recipe print for several years.