Ceviche De Camaron
- 1 lbs raw shrimp, frozen or fresh peeled and deveined
- Lime Juice – about 5 limes or more as needed
- 1 cucumbers – diced into small chunks
- ⅓ white medium onion
- 2 small tomatoes – diced into small chunks
- 2 serrano or jalapeño peppers, or one of each finely chopped – seeds optional
- ⅓ cup of fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 1 cup of clamato juice or V8 tomato juice
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 Avocado diced into small chunks
- Ketchup according to taste optional
- Cut shrimp into small pieces and place in a plastic or glass container
- Add the lime juice making sure all of the shrimp is covered with it (add more lime juice if necessary).
- Cover shrimp and refrigerate for at least three hours (preferably overnight).
- Mix all vegetables, and set aside in the fridge.
- When the shrimp is cooked through (it will be pink), add the vegetables, clamato juice, salt & pepper and mix well.
- Serve with tostadas, saltines or tortilla chips. Add a little ketchup to personal servings if you decide to use any.
- Marinating the shrimp with the lime juice is the cooking process.
- Make sure to use real lime juice. Do not use lemons. The lime juice is more acidic and it’s needed to cook the shrimp thoroughly.
- I like to add a little ketchup as well since the sweetness of it magnifies all of the flavors! Don’t be afraid to try it.