Big Green Egg Beer Cheese Dip
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 6 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 beer we used Yuengling® lager, but any lager or ale will work
- 2 Tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor at 400°F/204ºC.
- In the Big Green Egg Dutch Oven melt the butter and whisk in the flour to create a roux. Take the Dutch Oven off the heat and slowly whisk in milk until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the Dutch oven and place on the EGG. Cook 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted and smooth.
- Serve warm with warm, soft pretzels.